If you are interested in applying for one of our team positions, please forward a cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Church of the Nativity
Worship Leader Description
Worship Team Leader
Church of the Nativity is an evangelical, sacramental, and charismatic Episcopal church in Northborough, MA. We are seeking a dynamic leader who is able to communicate vision balanced with ability to listen in a team environment while recognizing diverse talents. The ideal candidate would be able to sing, play, and direct our praise team and choir. It is the primary purpose of the Worship Team Leader to develop a worship ministry capable of providing inspiring and engaging worship services that encourages the body to enter into corporate and personal worship to the glory of God.
Worship Leader will be accountable to the Rector.
• Leads the congregation toward authentic worship, through modeling and teaching such worship.
• Leads the worship team to include the singers, instrumentalists, sound techs, and computer techs.
Provides guidance in the development and implementation of the highest quality
worship possible by working to coordinate instrumentalists and vocalists in
groups or as individuals.
• Meets weekly with the Pastor for planning worship services.
• Plans, schedules, leads, and coordinates the operation of corporate worship services.
• Prepares for and holds rehearsals for worship team during the week and Sunday morning including the music charts and sound set up.
• Ensures worship order for the bulletin is communicated to secretary.
• Oversee the recruiting, scheduling, and development of instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters, sound technicians, and computer technicians.
• Finds new songs to introduce in worship and prepares the music charts for them.
• Performs other duties assigned by the Pastor.
REQUIRED CHARACTER AND SKILLS
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to delegate responsibility
- Teaching skills that encourage growth of musicians
- Maintains personal, spiritual and professional growth that is steeped in a prayerful life.
- Possess a vibrant growing personal committed relationship with Christ.
- Willing to learn the culture of The Episcopal Church.
- Ability to delegate authority
• Experience leading worship