If you are interested in applying for one of our team positions, please forward a cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Department: Christian Formation Dept.
FLSA Status: Paid
Hours: 10 – 15 week
Salary: $14,000 year
Reports to: Rector
Oversight of Children’s Ministry in conjunction with the Clergy. Managing the development of training, equipping and recruitment of teachers, leaders, and facilitators. To serve as a staff member within a vibrant congregation, working with a committed staff and gifted lay leadership to nurture children, from birth through 5th grade and their family, in the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
- Recruit, train and coordinate workers for Children’s Ministry (CM) classes and events, worship services and Church of the Nativity programs. Works cooperatively with all staff and volunteers
- Provide a warm, friendly and learning environment for children and families
- Uses appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Church of the Nativity children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
- Communicates the needs of the children’s program to other staff and church leaders as appropriate. Organizes, sets-up and stocks classrooms with necessary supplies
- Coordinates sanitation and safety protocols for CM
- Works with Buildings and Grounds for repairs
- Visits classes for evaluation and teacher support to address any issues or emergencies that arise. Teaches classes as needed
- Coordinates and provides leadership in developing and implementing a young family outreach ministry focused on children activities
- Assists Senior Pastor in ministering to young church families involved in CM as requested; to consult with parents regarding an issue with their child; and to refer to certified counselors as appropriate
- Attends monthly CM Team meetings, weekly Staff meetings, and attend monthly Session meetings
- Participates in the CM Team annual budget estimating process
- Coordinates childcare for Church of the Nativity services and events
- Participates in the life and worship of the Congregation
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Parish Administrator that contribute to the administration and life of the Church
- Requires working on Holy Days (Sunday, Christmas & Easter, etc.)
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with strategic planning
- Curriculum management and development
- Education management experience and expertise
- Experience and expertise managing teacher recruitment and training
- Experience of supervision of employees and volunteers
- Leadership development and management
- Has a personal, active and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus to children and their families
- Christian character that reflects and embodies Christian values
- Service-oriented attitude of assisting and serving others
- Professional and pleasant attitude
- Teachable nature and humility balanced with confidence and assertiveness
- Ability to pass background checks and successfully complete Safe Church
Christian Ed., children ministries, experience. Bachelor degree strongly desired
Indoor and Outdoor environment