Nativity offers many ways for members to share and serve in our mission and ministries. Below are some wonderful avenues for new members to get involved in our parish life. We encourage and invite you to join us and explore any of these opportunities, it’s a wonderful way to meet people, join in fellowship and learn more about our Church family!
For contact information about a ministry you are interested in, please email us at email@example.com and we can help you get connected!
- Coffee Hour Team – Sunday’s after the 7:45 AM and 10:00 AM Services.
- Simple Social Team – Potluck fellowship, the second of the month after the 10:00 AM service.
- Hospitality Team – Setting up special Church gatherings, events and Funeral receptions.
- Flower Guild – Picking up ordered flowers at our florists and arranging them for the altar for Sunday worship and other special services.
- Altar Guild – preparing the altar area for the Eucharist for Sunday worship and other special services. Caring for elements, linens and liturgical hangings.
- Acolytes – adults and youth (ages 7 and above) assist on the altar during worship and other special services.
- Levites – Sunday mornings, setting up and taking down for the 10:00 AM worship in the Parish Hall.
- Ushers/Greeters – Provide a warm welcome to members and quests during for our Sunday services, assisting in seating, passing out bulletins, counting attendance, collecting and presenting the offering.
- The Tech Team – provide operations of the sound and lighting equipment used in the Parish Hall for Sunday worship and other special events.
- Praise Choir – our choir sings on the first Sunday of the month and for other special services. They rehearse Weekly on Thursday evenings.
- Worship Team – this group leads and provides music for our Sunday 10:00 AM service and other special occasions. Instrumentalists and singers of all abilities are welcome!
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – meets occasionally to pray and knit/crochet shawls that are given to those in need of God’s comfort and tangible expression of His healing touch.
- Bread baking – usually meets on monthly occasions to bake the communion bread that is used during our Sunday Eucharist.
- Fundraising team – this group meets occasionally to kickoff inspired activities and events for the fundraising needs of Nativity’s missions.
- Prayer Chain - a group of people who commit to praying for a month, holding your prayer request confidentially.
- Healing Prayer - is offered on Sunday mornings during the 10:00 service and at a monthly healing service offered the third Sunday of the month following the 10:00 service. The prayer ministers pray in teams, have received training, and are committed to prayer.
- Contemplative Prayer - a group meeting weekly
- Spiritual Direction - is a unique one-to-one relationship in which a trained person assists another person in the search for an ever-closer union with God.
- Quiet Days - are held regularly on Saturdays, offering a time of quiet, a reflection or teaching,
and a day of spiritual nourishment, worship, and hospitality.
- Youth Ministries – This group provides assistance and support with youth focused activities, gatherings and special events for our younger members.